Organization and Management
All technical and administration activities of the company are supervised and monitored by a group of directors, full-time professionals with long and outstanding career in the field of private sector consultancy. Each of the directors heads a particular branch of discipline and maintains a continuous and effective control on all activities throughout the duration of the project. The organogram of EPC can be found on page 4 of this brochure.
The profiles of the Directors are presented below:
- Muhammad Mustafa, P.E., Managing Director
Mr. Mustafa obtained his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in civil engineering from the University of Houston, Texas, U.S.A., and is a licensed professional engineer in the State of Texas, U.S.A. His professional engineering experience covers a wide range of geotechnical, environmental and materials testing engineering projects. Before joining EPC as Director, Mr. Mustafa worked as the Dallas Branch Manager of a reputed Texas based engineering firm.
- Kawser Ahmed, P.Eng, PMP, Chairman Mr. Ahmed attained his B.Sc in Civil and M.Sc. in Environmental Engineering (1997) from Prairie View A&M University, Texas, U.S.A., and is a licensed professional Engineer in the Province of Alberta, Canada since 2001. Among other registrations/certifications, Kawser obtained his Project Management Professional (PMP) registration in 2008 and became an Associate Value Specialist (AVS), certified by Society of American Value Engineers (SAVE) in 2011. His professional engineering and project management experience covers a wide range of municipal, environmental, infrastructure, oil and gas engineering projects and consulting experience with a proven track record of success and diverse selection of professional responsibilities. Before joining EPC as Director, Mr. Ahmed worked in consulting industries in USA, and Canada, and as a senior project manager for the Government of Alberta, Ministry of Infrastructure, Canada.
- Faizul Huq, Deputy Managing Director
Mr. Huq obtained his bachelor’s and master’s in accounting & finance form St. John’s University, New York, USA. He also received designation of Financial Management Advisor from Canadian Securities Institute a division of Moody’s Analytics. He is a strategic financial industry manager and leader with 25 years of progressive experience in Canada and USA. Before joining EPC as a Director, Mr. Huq has worked as a manager for one of the largest financial institutions in North America.
4. M Abdul Wadud Bhuiyan, Director
Mr. Bhuiyan graduated in Water Resources Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 1977 and obtained Post Graduate Diploma on Water Resources Development from AIT in 1980. Wadud has over 40 years of professional experience in the field of Water Resources Planning, Design, hydrology, Monitoring and supervision including controlling administrative, technical and financial management of Bangladesh Water Development Board (BWDB). He held many important positions in BWDB including Additional Director General (Planning), Chief Planning, Chief Monitoring, Project Directors of Dutch Assisted CDSP and EDP. He acted as the Focal point of BWDB to coordinate, monitor and review the WB, ADB, Dutch aided and other Donor aided projects. Besides Director (Technical) since 2012, he has successfully completed the Netherlands ORIO funded, “Development Phase of the Rehabilitation of Water Management Infrastructure Bhola Project” as Deputy Team Leader of the Project from EPC, an associate to Royal Haskoning DHV of the Netherlands from August 2013 to February 2015. He also has significant contribution to vulnerability analysis and feasibility study for the City of Barishal as Flood Protection Adviser in 2015
- Khondker Neaz Rahman, Director
Mr. Rahman obtained his Bachelor’s in Architecture (1987) and Master’s degrees in Urban and Regional Planning (1991) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh. He attended many National and International Conferences, Seminars and Workshops. He has over 30 years of professional experience. His professional experience covers a wide range of architectural, masterplan & detailed area plan, climate resilient and environmental projects. He published books on (i) “Behular Poth Dhore Ek Nishad Putrer Golpo” (an anthropological history of Bengal), (ii) “Adversities of Development: A case Study of Involuntary Resettlement“, and (iii) “International Manual of Planning Practice, Volume IV”.